[birdky] larks, longspurs

  • From: "lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:40:13 -0600

With most of my neighbors intent on answering Archer Daniels Midland's call to
"Imagine the whole world was one giant farm field",  there are now more open
country birds around here than anything else. This morning I walked a circle
through a neighboring wheat field and a corn stubblefield. Each field  was
about as big as my whole farm. I didn't get very close to anything, but I did
get some looks at Horned Larks, at least 2 Lapland Longspurs, and more American
Pipits.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County, KY