[birdky] flock of gulls in Lexington

  • From: Roberta Burnes <rburnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:55:42 -0400

Yesterday around 10:30 a.m. I saw a flock of seagulls flying over the
intersection of Mano O'War and Harrodsburg Road.  I'm hopeless at
identifying gulls - so I'm going to take a stab and say they might have been
ring-billed gulls (they had the basic field marks anyway).  I've never seen
so many gulls in Lexington - at least 40, traveling from north to south.
They were definitely flying together.  How common a sight is this?

Roberta

Fayette County

JPEG image

GIF image