[birdky] duck update

  • From: rod <rodmanprice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you to everyone who contacted me with suggestions for what to do with the
injured duck, a male mallard, I reported earlier this morning. The plan was to
catch the duck as it was only a matter of time before it was hit by a car. (I
work in downtown Louisville.) Phase 2 of the plan was to have the duck
delivered to a wildlife rehabilitator. The maintenance man attempted to catch
the duck, but the duck decided the fly away. He was headed towards the Ohio
River. He appears to have a simple fracture of his left leg.

Rod Botkins
Jefferson Co.
"The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities
of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction."
Rachel Carson
stateofthebirds.org