[birdky] Re: cranes

  • From: <wiediger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bird line" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:41:54 -0600

While working in our greenhouse on Saturday afternoon, we first saw a flock of
about 50 sandhill cranes flying south.  I'm pretty sure it was the same flock
we saw fly north last Sunday.  As they flew over, I could hear the last one
telling her mate "I told you to turn left at the pond, but, oh no, you had to
turn right!  And you never stop and ask for directions!"
After that we saw wave after wave of sandhills flying north.  Saw the last
flock right at dusk.  Total was about 1150.  We did see a flock of 7 flying
south about the middle of the afternoon.

Our farm is located in the southern tip of Edmonson county.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com