[birdky] YELLOW House finch

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:23:32 -0500

Whoa!! What was that at the feeder? It is interesting how we birders can
spot something different among a group of "usuals". At first I got very
excited because I could see only the small reddish splash above the
eyes. And, I thought, "Oh, no, not a REDPOLL"!! Then Les pointed out the
bright yellow on the side of the head and chest. We started thumbing
through birds books, trying to see who could solve the puzzle first. I
finally found reference to the "yellow variation" of the House Finch in
Sibling's. I tried to get a photo, but couldn't get the little devil to
cooperate. Maybe it will be back tomorrow and I will have a better
chance.

Cheers,
Joan Carr
Happy Valley