[birdky] Wild Turkeys, Snow & Blue Geese, Ducks,& American Woodcock.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:07:06 -0500

Birders: ( Wild Turkeys )

Last week on Thursday Jan. 13, 2005  going to Nashville to go duck hunting with
my uncle while it was raining driving west on I 40 I saw a 4 Flocks of Wild
Turkeys the first location is at on the farm land walking down the hill before
you cross the Canary Fork River, the second location is after you cross the
same river in the walking in the woods on the right side of the road, the third
location is at the River Bend Farms in the middle of field in the broom sage
and the fourth location is before you get Gallatin Road 1 mile Exit sign North
East of Nashville in the pasture field on the road and 2 Wild Turkeys flew in
the tree left of woods duck blind wild duck hunting South of the White Lake
Refuge I also heard a Wild Tom Turkey gobbling at Lamb Bottoms SouthWest of
Nashville in Eagleville.

( Snow & Blue Geese, Ducks, & American Woodcock )

On Friday 14, 2005 while duck hunting facing west of the Black Bayou Refuge I
saw a Super Large Flocks of Snow & Blue Geese flying in and out of the Refuge
and I also saw my first American Woodcock while going to the pit blind to duck
on in a trailor on four wheeler in the corn field.

On Sat. 15, 2005 while going to the woods blind to go duck hunting I saw a Very
large flocks of Ducks flying in the White Lake Refuge and Snow Geese and Blue
Geese flying over the Refuge and a 2 American Coots and I also heard 2 Owls
signing the woods left of the boat launch 1 was a Great Horned Owl, and I could
not ID the Owl Signing sorry.

Shane Adams
Hamblen  County
Morristown, TN.