[birdky] Whooper Migration Now in Marshall Co, KY

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:41:32 -0600

From Operation Migration website:

quote:

Date:   November 29, 2008 - Entry 1     Reporter:       Liz Condie
Subject:        ROADSIDE REPORT Location:       Marshall Co. KY
Distance:       63 miles        Accumulated Distance:   525 miles
We're at Stopover #12! Well, at least some of us are. The cranes and planes are on the ground here. The pilots have walked the birds off out of sight and sound so Bev, with the help of Walt and Brian, can set up the pen. The rest of the ground crew have packed up the pen at the Union County site and are breaking down camp there. They'll soon be on the road to join us. We'll have a bit of vehicle jockeying to do yet today as Tom Miller our top cover spotter who flies with pilot Jack Wrighter, left camp yesterday to get home for some scheduled knee surgery. Joining us as spotter and driver is our old friend from Tallahassee, Florida, Gerald Murphy. No doubt we can expect Gerald to produce some of his famous biscuits.

More later in Brooke's lead pilot report of course, but until then we can tell you he left with 14 on the wing and from the ground it appeared he arrived with all 14. We're all elated - - - super day!!!

unquote

I searched yesterday morning north of Dekoven, KY, the anticipated flyover location.
Drove all over including all the way to Uniontown Dam area.

Never could locate the "secret" location of the Whoopers.

Charlie
Henderson KY