[birdky] Re: Warren/Logan Co

  • From: "Bennett, Mark" <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC, KSNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:04:31 -0600

It was late.

M Bennett
Logan County School District
Russellville, KY
270-726-2436
mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx [mailto:Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx]
Sent: January 18, 2005 7:52 AM
To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birdky] Re: Warren/Logan Co

Can't resist poking a bit of fun at our forward thinking (and apparently
seeing) Vice-President. If I still need a Redhead on my 2005 annual list,
I'll be sure to hit Petros Pond later in the year. You know, most of us are
writing 17 January 2004, but as a testament to the manner in which Mark
thinks, his programming is certainly different (is anyone surprised? :o) As
a side note, I also appreciated the spelling of the word transient, so his
fellow Logan Countians would know what he was talking about. I'll have to
see if I can set MY spell check on "southern Kentucky country twang" so
folks can read my posts more clearly! I welcome (and expect) Mark to
reciprocate the next time I mix up a post :o) In that regard, I recently
posted (incorrectly) about the Units of Peabody WMA in Ohio County. I have
ALWAYS gotten them confused and perpetuated that in post of last week. There
is the Ken Hopewell Unit and the Homestead Unit, Matt Stickel and I birded
both and I got cornfused and posted the Ken Homestead. I had to return to
Ken Hopewell to search for a lost scope part yesterday, January 17th, and
did not see a whole lot. There almost appear to be more raptors (especially
Red-tails) off the mines on adjacent farmland this year. Modest highlights
on an awefully cold day were a pair of Common Mergansers on Island Lake, one
light morph Rough-legged Hawk, and a dark/rufous morph Red-tailed Hawk east
of Rockport-Paradise Road in Muhlenberg County. The Sinclair Unit was NEARLY
devoid of raptors in the late afternoon. bpb, Louisville