[birdky] Re: Sloughs and Lake Pewee

  • From: "Ann Morgan" <aandm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:20:38 -0600

The Tundra Swans reported earlier were still at the Henderson Sloughs this
afternoon.  For anyone who may not know, and that included me until I called,
the "Woods Tract" where they are located is over to  the left side of the road
just a little beyond the intersection of Tram Road and 268 and before you reach
the last observation tower. It is not shown on the Sloughs map.
There was a flock of three hundred plus Ruddy Ducks on Lake Pewee in
Madisonville this morning, approximately forty Hooded Mergansers and a few
Golden Eyes.  Over the week-end there were three to four hundred Rng-necks on
Pewee, but none were there this morning.

                                                                        Ann
Morgan     Madisonville