[birdky] RPT: Whip-or-will

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 09:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

Heard my first Whip-or-will of the season Friday night 4/17. Just a few calls,
but last night it was in rare form, calling loudly and frequently...

Also heard FOS, Prairie wabler and Yellow throat viero.

Black throat green singing in my yard Thursday, 5/15.  The trees in my yard
have not leafed out...a few tulip poplars had tiny leaves to popped out
yesterday.  You could almost see them grow.

I still have a junco, 23 pine siskins and 2 male Purple finches...

Evelyn Morgan
Elliott County