[birdky] RPT: Tidbits ...

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:26:17 -0500

Wayne Mason of Bowling Green emailed me this morning to tell me that
yesterday afternoon there were two WHOOPING CRANES at McElroy Lake with
67 Sandhills. Maybe this nasty weather will keep them there for a few
days for some folks to enjoy. If you are not familiar with McElroy Lake
south of Bowling Green, look back into the February 2008 BIRDKY archives
at this link:

//www.freelists.org/archives/birdky/02-2008/

for a February 20, 2008 post by David Roemer titled "Recent
Observations" ... therein you will find some helpful suggestions for
visiting the area.

Congrats to Eddie Huber for establishing a new "late spring" date for
CACKLING GEESE with some photos of about 10 at the Reformatory Lake
outside Buckner, Oldham County, yesterday ... :o)

BPB, Frankfort