[birdky] RPT: The wandering Brown Pelican shows up again ? ? ?

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:39:37 -0400

Earlier today I was forwarded an email from Wanda Bartholomai to John
Castrale of the Indiana Dept of Natural Resources. Wanda recently
photographed an immature Brown Pelican on the Ohio River between
Charlestown and Mt. Washington, Indiana (which would be in Oldham
County). The photos look just like our wanderer (Lake Cumberland, Cave
Run Lake, Lake Carnico, Ohio River at Cincinnati).

Maybe us Louisville birders will be lucky enough to tick this guy on our
Jefferson County lists! If anyone receives follow-up reports, please
pass them along.

bpb, Louisville