[birdky] RPT: Rufous Hummingbird in Garrard County

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:16:26 -0500

This afternoon I banded an imm. female Rufous Hummingbird in the yard of Vivian
Roark, who lives along US 27 on the north side of Lancaster. Her bird has been
coming since the time the Ruby-throateds left. Vivian also hosts a regular
flock of Eurasian Collared-Doves that come to eat seed daily.  Amy and I saw
12-15 there this afternoon but she apparently gets up to 75 birds on occasion!

On the way back to Frankfort we saw a nice Loggerhead Shrike on a fence on the
Harrodsburg Bypass (US 127).

bpb, Frankfort