[birdky] RPT: Minor Clark Fish Hatchery 4/18/09

  • From: "geraldrobe" <geraldrobe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:29:13 -0400

Had some personal "firsts" from the Fish Hatchery today--

Bobwhite--flushed 2 at the end of the "oxbow" and later heard one calling.

2 Vesper Sparrows.

Also saw:
Bald Eagle--I was testing out my new camera by taking pictures of the
"vultures" soaring on the horizon. Imagine my surprise when I got home and
looked at the pics on my computer and discovered that I had been photographing
an eagle!

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Northern Flicker; Downy and Pileated Woodpeckers

Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Yellow-throated, and Prothonotary Warblers (good day for
yellow!)

Indigo Bunting

White-throated, Savannah, Swamp, Field and Song Sparrows

Northern Water Snake