[birdky] RPT: Louisville CBC results

  • From: Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:39:47 -0500

Haven't heard a peep from anyone other than Hap about CBC results . . . come
on compilers?!?!?!?

Louisville tallied 89 species on Sunday, December 14th. I did not keep a
list tally, but my recollection of highlights (lowlights) included: below
average duck diversity due in part to a high, murky Ohio River, 9
Black-crowned Night-Herons (3 @ 3 locations), the local pair of Peregrine
Falcons, 19 Common Snipe in one flock, 25 Bonaparte's Gulls, an Eastern
Phoebe, 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch (that's better than none!), 1 Brown
Thrasher, a record count of maybe 150-200 American Pipits (the 2-3 inches of
snow had them on the roadsides in several places), 2 Palm Warblers (1 in KY,
1 in IN), a record count of Chipping Sparrows (something like 80+, 65 in a
single flock in the Indian grass fields on my family's farm!), 15+ Savannah
Sparrows (most also in the Indian grass), 2 Lapland Longspurs (IN side), 1
Purple Finch (that's better than none!), and 6 Pine Siskins.  Disappointing
misses that I recall were Com Loon, Horned Grebe, several ducks including
Ruddy, Red-headed Woodpecker, and Fox Sparrow.

bpb, Louisville