[birdky] RPT: Glasgow Martin Roost

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard \(EPPC OOS KNPC\)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:11:07 -0400

Linda Craiger followed up on the Glasgow radar roost ring and this is
what she found! :o)

bpb, Frankfort

August 14, 2006:  I think I may have found the source of the roost ring
in Glasgow at Gorin Park.  Last evening (Sunday), between 6:45 - 7:30,
there were hundreds / thousands of Purple Martins with a few Starlings
that flew into the top of trees & on electrical wires.  At 7:35, a
resident adjacent to the park shot what sounded like a shotgun into the
trees by his house twice.  Of course, many birds flushed, but landed
again nearby.

LINDA CRAIGER / Glasgow