[birdky] RPT: Bernheim Forest, Big Prairie 07/05; Henslow's Sparrow

  • From: michael autin <mauniquity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 09:58:59 -0400

I decided to go to Bernheim in the hour I (thought I)  had before a
wedding( was late) and check on the Henslow's Sparrows that were reported
earlier this year.  I did not find much else of interest, mostly common
grassy stuff, but not even a Blue Grosbeak.  I detected at least 1
Henslow's singing and got really good looks through the scope which was
nice, though I did not detect any young or signs of successful nesting in
the short time I was there.  I will probably try to go back another day
this week one morning when I've got more time and see if I can detect any
others or any other grassland birds that might be moving off another
territory after being disturbed by mowing  to try the prairie out for
nesting.

Good Birding,
Michael Autin, Louisville