[birdky] Purple Finches, Winter Wren, Pine Siskins Campbell Co.

  • From: "Frank Renfrow" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "frankrenfrow" for DMARC)
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 18:58:11 -0500

I was surprised to find a Winter Wren was still present today at the same
location that I had found one at on November 1. This was at the boardwalk near
the Campbell County Environmental Center at A. J. Jolly Park. A possible
attraction might be the beaver dam at the head of the creek there, as it was
working the dam for a bit. Also present were 8 or more female Purple Finches.
Lots of sparrows and the other usual birds due partly to the nature center
feeders, and there was a Swamp Sparrow or two near the beaver dam as well.

Pine Siskins have been building in numbers in the sweetgums and hemlocks at
Evergreen Cemetery in Southgate, Campbell Co., with around 40 present
yesterday.

Also a Peregrine Falcon was setting on the Combs-Hehl Bridge (I-275), Fort
Thomas, Campbell Co. on Saturday, December 12.

Frank Renfrow
Fort Thomas, KY