[birdky] MORE INFO: Spotted Towhee landowners

  • From: Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:44:38 -0500

Today I've talked to both landowners on the west side of Bethel Church Road
where the Spotted Towhee was found yesterday.  It happens that the fenceline
that divides these two properties is the one that is immediately south of
the falling down barn and runs west away from the highway.  Lee Baldry owns
the south side which is mostly native grass and set aside fields; Alfred
Puckett owns the north side, where the bird actually was seen.  Both
indicated that birders were welcome to look around off the road a little if
the bird is not found right on the highway, however, they did not want
people poking around in the thick honeysuckle next to the barn because of
some concern about the irregular terrain remaining from some dozer work that
was done at the corner some years back. I believe if we all use good
judgement, there shouldn't be a problem that arises from
birdwatcher-landowner interactions. I have not been able to contact the
landowner on the east side of Bethel Church Road. Also, there are not many
good places to pull off the road in this area, but do your best to be smart
about being out of the way of passing traffic.

bpb, Louisville