[birdky] Hummers

  • From: ppkdrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:52:21 -0400

I too have noticed the lack of huimmers.  My neighbor has 2 very large mimosa
trees, I have lots of flowers and feeders out but until Saturday, I had not
seen one for about 6 weeks.  I still hve not seen any males this year.  The one
here a few times over the weekend looks to be a small female, maybe juvie.  She
is not very well marked but no sign of color on the throat so I am sure it is a
female.  No sign of her today though.  I wondered if this high heat has any
inpact on them.

Paula Geihs
Nelson County