[birdky] Gulls and ducks

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:58:41 EST

I felt like I was following in David Roemer's foot steps today.  My  report
from Barkley and KY Dams will read much like his.  The majority of  ducks and
gulls were on Barkley Lake.  Two Adult Thayer's gulls were  working the dam
area.  There may be a third but I could not be  sure that it was not one of the
two following me around.
Ducks were very interesting and many to go through.  I did not find  the
Long-tailed duck but saw everything else David reported.
Below KY Dam the first year Great Black-backed Gull was intimidating  the
smaller Herring gulls.  Melissa and I met up to look through loons and  ducks
on
KY Lake.  One Common Loon, Horned Grebes, Goldeneye, Gadwall and  an Adult
Eagle were the best we could do.
All together today I saw 6 Bald Eagles.
Hap
Murray, KY