[birdky] Fulton County-Painted Bunting

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:02:18 EDT

Saturday was made for birding.  A person couldn't have asked for better
birds, better weather or better birding buddies.  A few quick stops on Highway
94
in Hickman started the day with a young Black-Crowned Night-Heron and a
sprinkling of shorebirds.  Dunlin with black bellies, Semipalmated Plover,
Semipalmated Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers and Least Tern were seen in the
flooded fields
along the highway.
Nancy Moore and I met at the PAINTED BUNTING stop.  We heard the bird but
didn't see it until later in the day when Jeff Wilson, Mary Walter and Roly
joined us in the search.  We walked a short distance down the RR tracks when
Jeff
spotted him for us.
We spent the rest of the day in Tennessee studying shorebirds and adding life
birds to Roly's North American list.
Good birding and have a safe Memorial Day!
Hap
Murray, KY