[birdky] Fox Sparrow in Magoffin County

  • From: "Douglas Hennig" <hennig@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:55:50 -0500

Greetings from the White Oak area of Magoffin County near the Morgan and
Wolfe County lines-exit 60 of the MT Pkwy.

After an alert from my wife and the message on the list yesterday, I saw a
Fox Sparrow performing its distinctive "back kick scratching" below one of
our feeders this morning.  The blend of gray and cinnamon colors is
beautiful.  Our home is so tight that we rarely hear any outside sounds so I
look forward to getting outside to hear its song for the first time.

Doug Hennig