[birdky] Brown-Headed Cowbird

  • From: Nicole McClure <racehoss00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

Not big for most, but this is a first for me. These guys have been around my
feeders for a couple weeks now, but I first thought they were juvenile grackles
because they always hung out together and seemed to act pretty similar. But, I
had a female this morning amongst the group that had me looking through my
books, and I surprised myself with IDing a new species for my yard! At most,
there've been 5 males and this morning was the first female I've seen.

Nicole McClure
Lexington, KY