[birdky] Re: Blood River Bonanza

  • From: Preston & Shari Forsythe <pnsfor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 21:22:52 -0500

Why is there a Wood Duck Season anyway? And, perhaps even more
unexplainable is why Ky, our grand Commonwealth has a hunting season for
Soras. How many are being reported this late summer? What about Moorhens
and Galinules? Why is there a season on them? Not sure there is on the
Moorhen, and that would be terrible since they are listed as endangered
in the state. But Galinules? As a game bird??? Not everything is easily
explainable. Does anyone out there know why we hunt these birds.? Is
this something left over from the stone age? Seems totally archaic.

Your old Short Ear Owl watcher, My Opinion, Preston, Browder, Ky.