[birdky] Black-crowned night herons in Lexington

  • From: "Grunwald, Noelle" <Noelle.Grunwald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:00:09 -0400

Greetings!

There have been several Black-crowned night herons visible from Richmond
Rd. on the reservoir near the old Lexington Mall/KY American Water in
Lexington this past weekend.  I noticed them on Saturday and they were
still there yesterday (Monday).  I am not sure how common they are this
time of year but I thought they were neat so I just wanted to pass the
word along.

Happy Birding!

Noelle Grunwald

Park Naturalist/KY State Advocate for Leave No Trace

Natural Bridge State Resort Park

2135 Natural Bridge Rd.

Slade, KY 40376

606-663-2214 x2104

noelle.grunwald@xxxxxx

"A day in the mountains is worth a mountain of books." - John Muir