[birdky] Re: Behavior question

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:52:10 -0400

Hi Rod,

I have exactly the same experience all the time when I drive down the narrow
road from my house. It always seems to be a song sparrow, and it jumps out
of some low evergreen bushes alongside the road and creek and takes a low
flight right in front of me. Like you, I am fearful of hitting it, but I
don't think we have "intercepted yet"!! The name for this behavior is "Dare
You".

Cheers, Joan of Art and Nature in Pike Co.

  _____

Am I imagining this? Certainly this doesn't happen to me alone. Is there a
name for this behavior?

Thank you for enlightening me,
Rod Botkins
Jefferson Co.