[birdky] BKY-Rufous Hummingbirds

  • From: "Jackie Elmore" <jackiebelmore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:41:39 -0600

Sunday 12-14-2003

Both female Rufous Hummingbirds in Warren Co. are still coming to their
feeders. I called Mr. Bessinger of Rich Pond today and he has rigged a light
up to keep his feeder from freezing on those cold nights. At our house, I
have put up a light close to one of our feeders also. Our hummer arrives at
the first light of day, comes to one of the feeders then goes and sits in a
bush on the south side of our house. The bright leg band that Chris Sloan
and Portia Macmillan gave our bird a couple weeks ago is easily seen when it
sits at the feeders.

Jackie B. Elmore
Bowling Green, KY
Warren Co.