[birdky] BKY: A surprising find on the AT this morning

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:34:45 -0700

As we were finishing up our walk on the Anchorage Trail this morning, we came
upon a group of highly agitated birds in the nearby row of trees, shrubs and
vines. Thinking that a snake was probably  there, Pat walked through the field
to check it out. She found a red-phased screech owl in one of the trees.  What
a great find! This is the first screech owl that we have seen on the AT for
some time.

Highlights other than the screech owl:
Wood Ducks
Gr. Blue Heron