[birdky] Ashland/ Boyd County CBC

  • From: "Canterbury, Ron (canterrd)" <canterrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:36:18 -0500

Dear KY Birders,

I made a stupid mistake.  Here is the correct description (as I have it right
now - still need to do more on mapping it out) of the count circle for the new
Ashland/Boyd County CBC.  Stupid me used 15 mile radius rather than 15 mile
diameter.  I guess I can blame it on late night grading, tyring to finish a
Cerulean Warbler technical report, my three kids (seem to be driving me crazy),
etc., but I am going to say I made a silly mistake!

Count is on Friday, December 28, 2007.  I welcome all participants.  The count
area will include the city of Ashland, Ironton (OH), South Point (OH),
Catlettsburg (KY), along Rt. 23 to Wurtland, KY (which is good for species such
as EABL and AMKE), and Cannonsburg (KY).  The center of the count is in
Ironville.  Kenova, WV is outside the count circle.  Greenup, KY is also
outside the count circle.

I appreciate deeply all the interest from folks so far, and any help.

Ron

Ronald A. Canterbury
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Cincinnati