[bcbirdclub] Very Late Nesting Barn Swallows in Washington County

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:29:19 -0400

I just received photos and information from a fellow in Washington County Va
who had Barn Swallows fledge on his property on August 27. I checked Virginia's
Avifauna No 7 or Gold Book, and the extreme date for adults observed feeding
fledglings in the Mountains and Valleys Region of Virginia is August 3. This is
really a late nesting date.