[bcbirdclub] Mendota Fire Tower Hawkwatch 2012

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:02:49 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,
The 2012 hawkwatch at Mendota Fire Tower will officially begin on Saturday,
September 1, 2012 and will be staffed full time (weather permitting) until
September 30. After that date we will attempt to spend 2 or 3 days per week at
the tower to guage if the number of migrating raptors makes it worth the extra
effort. I look forward to seeing our regular visitors and hope to encourage
newcomers to enjoy the spectacle of the fall raptor migration.
Directions to the tower are at the website at HMANA Hawkwatch and I will send
an email later this week with all of the details.
I will be at the tower around 11:00 AM this Saturday and will remain there
until approximately 5:00 (weather permitting).
See you there.

Tom Hunter

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club