[bcbirdclub] The Mad Grouse

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

My dad, Billy Ray Justus, told me that a grouse has been flogging his
four-wheeler as he rides to the barn to feed the cattle. It has done this for
several days in a row. It attacks the cover on the four-wheeler, and if Dad
speeds up, it flies faster and attacks again. Dad said that last spring, a
grouse attacked my cousin as he was riding a four-wheeler near the same area
and knocked his hat and glasses from his head.

  Yesterday, Dad said, a second grouse confronted the first one, and they began
to fight. These grouse must have some serious spring fever.

  Michelle Talbott

http://mail.yahoo.com