[bcbirdclub] Swainson's Thrush

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:51:00 -0400

Greetings Everyone,
It was cloudy and dark today (Friday) at our house so this Swainson's Thrush
felt safe enough to come out to the stream and bathe. Normally they are too shy
to come out in the open.
Notice the identifying field marks, the eye-ring and the "spectacles", the
yellowish area between the eye and the bill and the smaller spots on the chest
than a Wood Thrush has.
I have been seeing several Swainson's here during the fall migration. I don't
see them during the breeding season, since they go farther north to nest.