[bcbirdclub] Red-breasted Nuthatches and Blackpoll on Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:03:13 -0400

Yesterday a few species showed up in the yard that we didn't get the day before
for Warbler Day, not the 67 species we had on Warbler Day, but still a good day
of birding.
Two RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES came to the yard stream as well as a GRAY-CHEEKED
THRUSH. Two WHITE-EYED VIREOS gave me close looks along my birding trail. A
SUMMER TANAGER fed in the Crepe Myrtle bush. Two species that can be difficult
to tell apart in fall plumage, a BLACKPOLL WARBLER and a BAY-BREASTED WARBLER
came to the stream at the same time.

Below is yesterday's complete list.

Mourning Dove 2

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1