[bcbirdclub] New Early Date for TN Warbler in Buchanan County

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BC Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:42:10 -0400

This evening, Wednesday, July 29, an adult male Tennessee Warbler surprised
me when it came to our yard stream to drink and bathe along with a
Blue-winged Warbler and a Yellow-throated Warbler. This Tennessee is a new
early fall date for our place and for Buchanan County. Normally the first
Tennessees arrive here around the 23 or 24 of August. We did have one
unusually early arrival in 2007 on August 10.

Attached is a poor photo of the bird I took in fading light, but the field
marks - gray head and breast, black eye-stripe, light supercillium, green
back and white undertail coverts can all be seen.