[bcbirdclub] Fw: Sad News

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:44:04 -0400

Hi All,
Some of you may remember Peggy Opengari who, along with her husband Bill, led bird walks for us in 2006 when the BCBC hosted the VSO annual meeting. Some of you may also remember her from Burkes Garden in February of this year. We usually run into her and other members of the New River Valley Bird Club when we bird that area. Among other things Peggy also helped organize the New River Valley Birding Festival each year. She was a vivacious person and a knowledgeable birder.
I received the following e-mail this evening.

Roger Mayhorn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alyce Quinn" <twoquinns@xxxxxxxxx>