[bcbirdclub] FW: Emailing: Red Headed 5.31.15, Red Headed Nest 5.31.15

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:21:22 -0400

Below is a message from our friend, Skip McClellan, in Conroe, TX. If you
have been watching the news lately you have seen reports of the terrible
flooding in TX.
One part of Skip's message I found fascinating is about the bounty placed on
Red-headed Woodpeckers in that part of TX by the local telephone and power
companies back in the 50's and early 60's because of the nest holes they
made in the power poles.