[bcbirdclub] FOS Pine Warbler - Signs of Spring

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

A quick drive through the Breaks Park this morning revealed my FOS Pine
Warbler.  It gave me a good show from a limb above my head as he sang.  I did
not hear any other migrants but they can't be too far away now.  I'm expecting
BH Vireo, B&W Warblers, BT-Green Warblers and Yellow-throated Warblers to show
up in the next 2-3 weeks.

Michelle and I heard Spring Peepers last night while driving back from Hurley -
we had heard Wood Frogs for a couple weeks now but this was our first Peepers.

The Forsythia in our yard is in full bloom, the Lilac is showing some green
leaves, and the Japonica has started to bloom.

Spring must be here.

Ed