[bcbirdclub] Cooper's, Finches, Warblers

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:23:20 -0400

Hi All,
This morning a Cooper's Hawk made a quick dive into the gooseberry bush in the
yard and came up with a female cowbird. It then flew off into the woods
carrying the dead bird.

Lynda and I counted 18 Purple Finches at our feeders this morning. Many of them
were males dressed in their spring finest. There were also 3 Pine Siskins
visiting a new thistle sock. I have attached a couple of photos.

While checking the bluebird boxes here on the mountain today I heard and then
saw 2 Yellow-throated Warblers. These are the first ones of the season here on
the mountain.
Yesterday I had a Ruby-crowned Kinglet in a hemlock tree in the front yard.