[bcbirdclub] Common Raven

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:40:10 -0400

Dad & I enjoyed a walk in the evening sun, yesterday, in the Breaks Park. There
weren't many birds about, but as we approached the parking area for the
Clinchfield Overlook, a Raven began calling. The call was different from the
usual, with a more agitated sound & was coming from the direction of the known
nest site near Pinnacle Rock. In a few moments, we observed a Raven in hot
pursuit of a Turkey Vulture flying over our heads! This vulture had obviously
gotten too close to the raven nest. The only other birds we found were several
Robins and a singing Pine Warbler near the overlook. Dave R/Breaks,VA