[bcbirdclub] Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:27:40 -0400

Hi All,
No, I haven't found these ducks here on Compton Mt, though I wish.
This great duck photo was taken at a TX lake by Skip McClellan of Conroe, TX.

David Raines and Dan Kendrick will remember that we were within a few feet of
some of this species in TX last August and my camera had stopped working, so I
could only look.
Don Carrier, his son Christian and I saw some of this species on a recent trip
to Florida, but we never got this close.
Good job Skip.