[battlefield] Re: BTW

  • From: chris brooks <cebweb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield group spam <battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:51:46 -0600

The creator splintered BTW from minecraft at 1.5.2 because he did not like
the "give me everything, NOW! " direction it was headed. He was pulling out
more 'features' than he was adding, but yet BTW will make vanilla minecraft
feel like early Alpha. One My favorite feature you will notice right away
is movement speed. The martial you are walking across matters, hard
surfaces like stone or packed earth are easier to move a cross than tall
grass or sand, so you build roads and other infrastructure you are also not
Jumping everywhere. Later on you will see how beautiful stratification
makes a cavern. oh and the changes to mobs are glorious. Yes it is harder,
gone are the days 64 stacks of meat or pillaring away from mobs, you will
be afraid of the dark. literally.. but I degrees anyway it is better to
experience than describe.

The mindset you have to have going into BTW is, you are the monster, not
the mobs. You are coming into an undiscovered area and terraforming the
land to *your needs*, you are TAKING OVER their land, you are evil.

As for the server , Neon setup the last one so he might have more info but
I think the instructions for 1.45 are still valid.
http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5353

You have no idea how right you guys are about the masochist angle
<http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Gimp_Suit>, there is also a
breeding harness so the animals don't run away.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Travis Nutley <travisnutley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't know much about the setup, but I'll come play! :)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Loren John Bailey <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

BTW...minecraft is like gaming for masochists

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

BTW, it's like minecraft for masochists.
On Apr 19, 2015 6:08 PM, "bl00k" <bl00k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, that doesn't really tell you much.

BTW is a mod for Minecraft that makes the game much much more in depth
and a heck of a lot harder.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 6:07 PM, bl00k <bl00k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By the way.... it's Better Than Wolves.

See what I did there?