[bas] Re: bas Digest V1 #35

  • From: Gary Thompson <gwthom18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 20:26:28 -0400

Wow what a speech
Folloni that dosent sound Irish but I sense some Irish catholic guilt and
politics but still can't turn you down your request has all my qualifications
NO EXPERIENCE I volunteer before I am forced thanks Gary

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2015, at 10:54 AM, "Jack Folloni" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(Redacted sender "jafolloni@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

Thanks Wade - YTM!!!

Action shooters -

We now have 15 shooters on our mailing list - This is excellent. We now need
to expand our match running skills beyond the circle of Wade, Barry and
myself. We want the Action Shooting program to continue on, even if the
three us of us are no longer around. We have no plans to go away, but the
beer truck may get us regardless of our wishes. So we need to build a
program where "Everybody shoots and everybody leads".

The best way to learn is by doing. The second best way to learn is by
teaching others. The best performance you'll have in a match is the one
where you're helping to run it. Once you've mastered the fundamentals,
action shooting is 90% mental. The confidence you gain by running a match or
SOing a stage will transfer over to your shooting and result in improved
performance.

So I encourage everyone to engage in the non-shooting activities that
constitute action shooting. Don't worry about your level of knowledge or
skill, we were all beginners once and I still am! We'll all work together as
colleagues and make each other better - That's our mission.

So now that you're all inspired to do great things...Who wants to do the
Safety Briefing? Who wants to be Wade's backup on the Scoring? LOL -
Volunteer now or be picked at random the day of the match! ;)

Thanks everyone & best regards,

Jack

computer.

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 19:06:18 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Jack Folloni" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"jafolloni@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
Subject: [bas] June Plate match announcement...for Tuesday June 23rd

Hi Action Shooters -
I'll try to post this flyer over the weekend at the club. Please let me
know if there are any edits or changes that you'd like.

Still looking for a volunteer to be the match director - No experience
required, you just have to give an entertaining welcome speech and stand
around looking important! ;)
After the initial Swiss match I think I'd like to try two man teams or a
relay race match for extra fun (like we're not having enough already!) If
any one has any ideas - please share with the group.

We'll likely run a 2-3 stage practice action match next Tuesday or the week
after the plate match. Keep an eye out for that!

Take care and best regards,
Jack

computer.

End of bas Digest V1 #35