[baisl] Re: Suggestions for selling new textbooks and supplemental materials

  • From: Nancy Schaal <nschaal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:59:41 -0700

Hi Helen,

I always turn first to Follett.

http://fes.follett.com/sell_textbooks/sellYourBooks.cfm

The rep comes and picks them up, and cuts a check (or credit voucher) on
the spot!

There's also Apple Textbooks, but I've never dealt with them.
http://www.appletextbooks.com/

Hope this helps! I'm trying to unload a bunch of textbooks myself.

--Nancy

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Our school adopted a new math program and our fifth grade teacher has 60+
new (still in the sealed box) 5th grade textbooks, two tubs of math
manipulative and workbooks. Anyone have a source other than Amazon or
Better World Books for purchasing these materials?
I remember years ago, I'd give the ISBN numbers to a textbook rep who
would come on campus and haul away my books leaving me with a check. Can't
find that source in my files. Appreciate all suggestions.
Helen Huber, CSB Librarian
huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415-614-5117

Cathedral School for Boys
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

“We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting
each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears,
discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

--
Nancy Schaal, Librarian
Mercy High School