Badges - Pennsylvania state trooper charged over sexually explicit video retires, is approved for pension

  • From: CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 02:05:33 -0500

Published: Wednesday, May 18, 2011

HARRISBURG ? A state trooper, facing trial in
Dauphin County on charges he used the Internet to
send a video of him dancing naked to a person
whom police say he thought was a 13-year-old
girl, has retired and been approved for a $2,901 monthly pension.

Douglas N. Sversko, 44, of Lewisburg, retired
last month after he waived his preliminary
hearing on charges of unlawful contact with a
minor and criminal use of a computer, a state police spokeswoman said.

Sversko, a trooper since 1993 and assigned to the
Milton substation at the time of his arrest, had
been suspended without pay. He is free on $100,000 bail.

The former trooper sent a video that showed him
dancing naked in front of his computer and then
asking the person he thought was a girl if she
enjoyed it and had been sexually aroused, authorities said.

He?s accused of telling her to ?delete our
conversation? and, ?we don?t really want mom to read about this.?

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/05/pennsylvania_state_trooper_cha_1.html

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997