Badges - Ex-DA's Employee Who Stole From Crime Victims Sentenced

  • From: CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:46:29 -0500

Ex-DA's Employee Who Stole From Crime Victims Sentenced
Eloise Guerrero Mireles Stole $265,000 From Crime Victims

Friday, July 9, 2010

HOUSTON -- A former employee of the district attorney's office who
stole money from crime victims has been given her punishment, KPRC
Local 2 reported.

Eloise Guerrero Mireles, 38, stole more than $265,000 over a
seven-year period. In April, she pleaded guilty to a charge of theft
by a public servant.

On Thursday, Judge Kevin Fine sentenced Mireles to 180 days in prison
and 10 years probation. She has to pay thousands of dollars in
restitution and she must stand in a high-traffic Houston intersection
with a sign that says she's a thief.

"Eloise Mireles betrayed victims, betrayed public trust, and betrayed
our office. I want people to know that we will not tolerate this
behavior in Harris County and we will continue to vigorously
prosecute offenders. Ultimately, the sentencing decision came down to
the judge," District Attorney Patricia Lykos said.

Mireles' husband, Daniel, was convicted of second-degree theft. He
was sentenced to 180 days in jail and 10 years probation. He was also
ordered to pay restitution.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/24197738/detail.html

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997