Badges - Man Snaps Photo Up Shopper's Dress

  • From: CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:44:48 -0500

Man Snaps Photo Up Shopper's Dress
Incident Happened At Hobby Lobby On F.M. 1960
Friday, July 9, 2010

HOUSTON -- A young mother wants justice after a man shoved a camera
under her dress at a store and snapped a picture, KPRC Local 2 reported Friday.

Mariella Boswell said the incident happened at the Hobby Lobby store
on F.M. 1960 near Jones Road at about 12:45 p.m. on June 25.

"I felt invaded more than anything," she said. "Violated."

Boswell was shopping for a birthday party with her two young
daughters. She said she was browsing in an aisle when the man snapped
a picture up her dress.

"He snuck up behind me," she said. "I didn't even hear him or sense
anything like that."

She said she didn't realize what was happening until she felt the
man's cellular phone on her leg.

"It immediately snapped in my brain, 'Oh, my god. This guy just took
a picture of me.'"

Boswell said that when she confronted the man, he ran out of the
store and sprinted across the parking lot. He hasn't been seen since,
officials said.

Harris County Precinct 4 deputy constables said they need the
public's help to identify the man. Officials described him as young
and he had a light goatee, mustache and a waist-length ponytail.

"We need to get him identified," Chief Mark Herman said. "We need to
find out who he is and what other types of activities he may have
committed, and go from there."

Boswell said an arrest can't come soon enough.

"I don't want another woman or anybody to feel the way that I did," she said.

Deputy constables said that what the video shows is a state jail
felony punishable by up to two years behind bars.

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997