[badgerstatevolunteers] Wow!

  • From: kevin Joyner <joynerkev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badger-state-volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:13:28 -0500

Obama issues Dream Act by executive order…press ignores
http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/obama-issues-dream-act-by-executive-order-press-ignores

On Friday, the Obama administration issued a memo announcing that federal
immigration officials do not have to deport illegal aliens if they are
enrolled in any type of education program, if their family members have
volunteered for U.S. military service, or even if they are pregnant or
nursing.

This new policy of “prosecutorial discretion” was quietly announced on
Friday afternoon, and completely ignored by the mainstream press.

Author of Arizona’s SB1070 and Kansas’ secretary of state, Kris Kobach, told
the Daily Caller: “They’re pushing the [immigration] agents to be even more
lax, to go further in not enforcing the law. At a time when millions of
Americans are unemployed and looking for work, this is more bad news coming
from the Obama administration… [if the administration] really cared about
putting Americans back to work, it would be vigorously enforcing the law.”

Late last year, the so-called DREAM Act which would give legal residency
status to millions of illegal aliens who attend college or join the military
was defeated in the Senate.

Every major poll has shown that the American people are overwhelmingly
opposed to the DREAM Act as well as to any other form of amnesty.

However, with Obama’s poll numbers plummeting, this use of his executive
powers is seen as an obvious ploy to solidify the Latino vote in the 2012
presidential election.

Click here to view the entire memo:
http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-communities/pdf/prosecutorial-discretion-memo.pdf

Continue reading on Examiner.com Obama issues Dream Act by executive
order…press ignores - National Immigration Reform |
Examiner.com<http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/obama-issues-dream-act-by-executive-order-press-ignores#ixzz1Q1fg7JAb>

http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/obama-issues-dream-act-by-executive-order-press-ignores#ixzz1Q1fg7JAb
Kevin J
====================
“Far Better it is to Dare Mighty Things than to take rank with those poor,
timid spirits Who know Neither Victory nor Defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny.