Backyard-astro.com Newsletter: The Moon, EQ6, Sunspots and Sundogs

  • From: MH <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: backyard-astro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:35:05 +0200

Hi all,
In the last few days I posted some new items in my astro-weblog. I just
want to give you a quick update for their might be some interesting in
there for you. You can read all the postings by clicking on this link:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/pMachinePro2.3/weblog.php

The Moon and Jupiter, Aristarchus Plateau
On Friday April 22 I shot an image of the Moon and Jupiter together in
the evening sky. I also observed the Aristarchus plateau, a very
interesting area, with the big Schroter Valley. On the image I shot you
can see the Schroter Valley as a thin light line winding over the
Aristarchus plateau.

The Moon: detailed image of the Mare Fecunditatis area
On April 27 I added a detailed image of the Mare Fecunditatis area to
the solar system section. By scrolling the mouse pointer over the
image, you can identify the names of the different features.

Equipment: EQ6
A fellow astronomer built me a set of wheels for my EQ 6. In the weblog
you will find a short
description and some images.

Sunspot 0756
On Sunday 1 May I observed the big sunspot 0756. Images can be found in
the weblog.

Sundog
On Sunday 1 May I also shot my first image ever of a sundog

Just follow this link to the astro-weblog to read all the reports and
have a look at the images.

http://www.backyard-astro.com/pMachinePro2.3/weblog.php

New Weblog
At the moment I'm working hard on my new weblog. My current weblog has
been hacked several times and the comments got stuffed with SPAM. The
new weblog will be build in  Expression Engine and the safety standards
will be much higher. In the near future you will be able to give
comments again. I hope to present the new weblog within a few weeks.

Clear Skies to all of you!

Math
http://www.backyard-astro.com

OR by logging into the Web interface.

- Online, searchable archives of the Backyard-astro.com Newsletter are
available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/backyard-astro  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.